lighting fixtures that have been in place since the deli opened. A second location of the restaurant opened in the town of Colton in 1970. The exterior has 1960s river rock detailing and mid-century globe lamps, while the interior has been modernized over the years and has burgundy leather booths alongside standard tables and chairs, along with a few Chinese decorations. The building was designed in 1945 by architect Roger Winston Bray and for its first two years functioned as an electric light store. When it finally became El Cid in 1963, the menu became Spanish, specializing in tapas, paella, sangria and a wonderful dinner Flamenco show, performed on a full stage inside the dining room. Martys Hamburger Stand opened in 1959 on Pico Blvd in the Rancho Park neighborhood of West.A. The exterior is rustic brick and features an incredible original neon sign in the shape of a magic lamp. The building itself was constructed in 1930 and was a doctors office for 40 years before it became the restaurant. A great old sign out front and interior walls of paneled wood and faux brick. Serves breakfast only until 11:30am. A tiny, casual restaurant, serving Mexican food, it has brown booths, a drop ceiling, wood paneling and old Mexican-style paintings adorning the walls.
Located in a small brick building, the diner serves American food, including burgers, sandwiches and breakfasts and is only open for morning and early afternoon hours. Canters began its Los Angeles journey when New Jersey-born Ben Canter and his two brothers opened Canters Brothers Delicatessen in Boyle Heights, then a distinctly Jewish neighborhood, in 1931. Homey diner thats been remodeled but keeps some vintage integrity.
It has only had 3 owners and has been owned by a Korean woman named Eva Man since just after the 1992 LA riots. (1962) HMS Bounty 3357 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90010. . With an old plastic sign and a wood trimmed and glass corner location, this small coffee shop features a long breakfast counter decoupaged with an artistic collage. (1939) Harbor House Cafe 16341 Pacific Coast Highway, Sunset Beach, CA 90742. The interior is dimly lit with burgundy leather booths, knobby wooden room dividers, stained glass chandeliers, wood laminate tables and plenty of wrought iron and Mexican decorative elements. . (closed permanently January 2018) (1982) Corrigans Steakhouse 556 E Thousand Oaks, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360. Tiny, authentic neighborhood grocery market that serves up much beloved Italian deli sandwiches in a still rough and tumble area near downtown. (1970) Corsica Deli 8111 Foothill Blvd, Sunland-Tujunga, CA 91040. Santos Favela, a 72-year old sausage maker, has been working at the restaurant since the early 1960s and can still be seen there today. Place the cheesecake inside your slow cooker and using a liquid measuring cup or tea kettle with a spout carefully add 2 to 3 cups of water in the space between the cheesecake and the crock-pot insert making sure not to get any water. The building still has the 1960s exterior with stone facade and a stylized Chinese roof. Located on Route 66 in Glendora, Continental Basque has a few rooms, a brighter dining room with rust colored booths, wood and Basque-style decorating touches, an unadorned banquet room, where family-style Basque meals are common and a lounge that is decidedly vintage in decor, cozy.